Yay for Halloween! I love Halloween! I love dressing up, I love trick-or-treating, I love Jack-O-Lanterns, I love CHOCOLATES and I love HALLOWEEN SPIDER CUPCAKES!!!
Aren’t they super duper adorable? Well, as their creator, I would have to say DUH~!! 😀
I brought them to work and they were quickly gobbled up! I myself found them delicious and irresistibly cute!
You can use any chocolate cupcake recipe for these cupcakes. I prefer using Devil’s Food recipe since it results in a darker shade! I’m submitting this post to Aspiring Bakers #13: Enjoy Cupcakes! hosted by Min of Min’s Blog.
Ingredients: Yields approximately 20 medium spider cupcakes
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
- red licorice
- 20 white chocolate chips
- 20 black chocolate chips
- 6 chocolate chip cookies (crushed)
- chocolate frosting 1/4 of that recipe is more than enough!!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 20 cupcake liners.
- In a small pan melt the butter or margarine with the unsweetened chocolate. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Cream together the sugar and the eggs until light in colour. Add the chocolate mixture to the eggs and temper mixture by beating well (so you don’t end up with scrambled eggs!) Add 1 cup boiled water (still warm) and blend well. Mixture will be very liquid.
- Mix together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add this mixture to the chocolate mixture and blend well.
- Mix together the vinegar and the milk and stir into the chocolate batter. Pour into prepared pan(s).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Oh boy, I’m having way too much fun here…
Oh! And guess what I dressed up as this year for Halloween???
Dun Dun Dun…
A BAKER!!! ❤ ❤
Wow! I’ve spent 5 years of Halloween with my dearest Traces! 😀 Love ya long time babes!
This year with Junie too!! 🙂