Really? Just 2?! YES, REALLY. And no, I’m not referring to “pancake mix and milk”. I’ve discovered possibly the easiest crepe recipe that you could make even with your eyes closed. (okay, maybe one eye closed) Best of all, not only is it high in protein, I bet that you would probably already have the 2 ingredients sitting in your kitchen. So now you really can’t give anymore excuses to not make crepes!😀
Have I piqued your interest yet? Yes? Alright so here are the 2
secret ingredients…. (I don’t really consider water an ingredient)
makes 2 crepes
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons of peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons of water
- Preheat your pan to medium-low heat.
- Beat the eggs, mix in peanut butter and water. Whisk until you get a smooth consistency. I decided to dirty my electric mixer for this as it was a lot easier doing it with a mixer.
- Lightly oil your skillet and pour the batter. Tilt the pan with a circular motion so that the batter coats the surface evenly. Cover and cook for about 3 minutes.
(Personally I’m great at flipping pancakes but I have a fear of flipping crepes as they’re usually a lot bigger and also more fragile. So I prefer cooking them in lower heat for a longer time so that I don’t have to flip them!)
- Loosen with a spatula and slide the crepes out of the skillet.
Yeah! That’s it! Seriously. Not recommended for vegetarians though as it might have a little of the egg-y taste if not mixed well. You could also counter that by adding 1/4 tsp vanilla essence. But I like to keep this to 2 ingredients.
You could serve this with maple syrup and the peanut butter in the crepe would already be sufficiently tasty.. But by now, you should know that I usually like to “dress” my desserts up, right?😀
So I decided to turn it into…..
Yay! That looks much better. Since this crepe consist mainly of peanut butter, another idea would be to add jam into it. yum? But here’s what I used.
Peanut Butter Crepe with Fruits and White Chocolate Drizzle
- 1 recipe 2-Ingredient Crepe
- 1 small banana, sliced
- 3-5 strawberries, sliced
- 3 tbsp white chocolate chips, melted
- maple syrup
This was just perfect for starting my day! And guess what? It’s gluten-free too! So I’m submitting my post to Aspiring Bakers #21: Gluten-Free Bakes (July 2012)) hosted by Hankerie.
Alright folks. Until next time! Hope you enjoyed this simple recipe!