Oreo cookies have always been a family favourite since I was a kid. You know what’s awesome about them? They’re pretty much bite-sized “Cookies ‘n Cream” biscuits! Also, identifying the Oreo thief in the family is invariably simple. Look out for black crumbs on the corner of their lips.. or stained black teeth! 😉
It’s such a brilliant idea to have a delicious layer of cream sandwiched between two chocolate cookies. But what if… you baked an Oreo inside a cupcake and topped it with cream cheese? Only on occasions like this would you be excused for not dunking your Oreos in milk. Otherwise, consider it a sin if you eat your Oreos without first dunking it into a glass of milk!
Have you seen Cadbury’s new Oreo chocolate? So the boy decided to buy me a bar of chocolate, and after making my chocolate lava cake by melting a bar of chocolate, I had this brilliant idea to melt my bar of Oreo. 😀
Sammie's Original Recipe makes 12-16 cupcakes
- 24 pieces of Oreo Cookies
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 sugar
- 1 bar of Oreo Chocolate (120g)
- 6tbsp butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
You’ll notice there’s not much sugar because the Oreo bar itself is already sweet enough.
- Preheat the oven to 350F (180C) and line your muffin tin with liners. I always feel it’s good practice to spray PAM on them, otherwise they’ll be hard to remove later. Place a piece of Oreo Cookie on each liner
- Melt the bar of chocolate with butter in a microwave-safe bowl in 20-second intervals, stirring after each interval.
- Meanwhile beat the eggs with sugar until it becomes pale and fluffy.
- Once the melted chocolate/butter mixture is cool enough to touch, add it to the egg/sugar mixture and mix until just combined.
- Add in the milk to the mixture.
- Sift the flour, cocoa, baking soda and baking powder into the mixture and stir until combined.
- Fill the cupcake liner with the batter. Make sure there’s a cookie there already! If you place your Oreo cookie in after filling the liner, it will be baked in the middle of the cupcake (what I did because I totally forgot)
- Bake at 350F for 20 minutes.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 4oz (110g) cream cheese, cold
- 1/4 cup (56g) butter, cold
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 5 Oreos, crumbed. (You can use a food processor for this. If you don’t own one like me, place it in a ziploc bag and crush it by pushing down something heavy over it.)
- Beat the cream cheese and butter until fluffy, scraping down sides of the bowl
- Beat the icing sugar in at low speed until fully incorporated.
- Beat in Oreo crumbs.
- Transfer into a piping bag / ziploc bag and refrigerate for 30 min.
- When the frosting becomes hard enough to pipe, remove and start piping! Get creative!
I hope you enjoy this recipe! My sister is a sucker for Oreo! She loved this so much she pretty much devoured them and didn’t leave behind any for the others! ❤ ❤ I love it when that happens!