Almond Pear Tart
We’re not quite on lockdown mode yet as with some countries already are. Malls, bars and attractions are still opened, with caution of a 250 people capacity limit. Who knows when this may change, as with the constant breaking news you hear from all around the world. Because in the world of epidemiology, time moves exponentially fast. Whatever data you see today will be quickly outdated by the following week, or even day.
So here I am, trying to embrace my time at home, and perhaps get more accustomed to the new solidarity we may all soon be facing for a while. By the end of this isolation period, some of us may possibly come out as better cooks, dog whisperers, netflix connoisseurs, professional guitarists, or even walking encyclopaedias!
In trying to keep up with my health and in preparation for my wedding (which may very well have to be postponed due to covid-19), I’ve started experimenting with more sugar-free, oil and butter-free, and flour-free recipes. Here’s one where I was inspired by my manager as she brought a similar healthy treat to work!
Almond Pear Tart
makes 2 small tarts
- 2 1/2 small pears
- 3/4 cup of ground almond
- 1/4 cup of ground oats
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- icing sugar / honey (optional)
- Remove the cores of the pears and blend 2 pears in the food processor. Slice up the other 1/2 pear and set aside
- Mix the blended pear with a beaten egg
- Stir in ground almonds, oats and baking powder
- Fill the mixture into the tart mould and arrange the sliced pear on top of it
- Bake at 180℃ for 25 minutes
- If you like it to be a little sweeter, feel free to dust some icing sugar on, or add a little bit of honey!
Enjoy! Let’s hope a vaccine / cure is found soon enough so that our lives can all get back to normal. In the meanwhile, what we can do now is to try to stay home as much as possible to avoid being a walking host for the virus to spread further.
Lots of love,