Aka The Quarantine Coffee which requires either an electronic whisk or some arm muscles. Of course I’ll be jumping on this bandwagon!
Everyone knows the standard recipe for it! But I didn’t have instant coffee at home. Instead I had a coffee machine and instant espresso! I had much success with my instant espresso although it yielded a smaller amount. Could you achieve the same success with regular coffee though?
No, you can’t… Unless you grind up your coffee beans. Otherwise, just regular coffee whipped up will turn out very foamy, which is not what this coffee is about!
So anyway, here’s what you’ll be getting if you used instant espresso!
makes 2 cups
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso coffee (you’ll need less than instant coffee)
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons boiled water
- Ice, if desired
- 1 cup milk (I used Bannister Downs All Lite Fresh Milk)
- Cocoa powder (optional)
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the instant espresso, sugar and boiled water.
- Using a hand mixer or stand mixer to whip until fluffy with stiff peaks.
- Add ice to a glass and pour your milk over.
- Spoon the whipped coffee on top and sprinkle with cocoa powder.
- Snap a few photos for the gram.
- Using a spoon or straw, stir the coffee mixture into the milk before drinking.