‘Tis the season of the pumpkins. This year, instead of a rich and creamy pumpkin cheesecake, or a chocolate chip pumpkin muffin, I decided to opt for a much simpler yet healthy option.
Did you know that although most hummus is made with chickpeas, you could also make this with beans? In this recipe, I actually made my hummus with Ayam brand canned baked beans!
Makes one medium sized bowl
- 250g pumpkin, baked and roughly chopped in chunks
- 450g canned Ayam baked beans, rinsed and drained (save some sauce)
- 2 tbsp tahini
- juice from a quarter lemon
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- fresh coriander and drizzle of oil for garnish
- Roast your pumpkin at 180 degrees for about 30 min.
- Place all the above ingredients except for garnish in a food blender / processor and pulse until smooth
- Garnish and enjoy!
Presto! So simple right? Try it yourself!
2 Comments Add yours
Sammie, this is such a great idea…pumpkin hummus…such a nice twist to hummus. Thanks for the inspiration…
Have a great week!
Intrigued! Must try!