If there’s one fish that I can only have for the rest of my life, that would be salmon. Raw or cooked, I absolutely love having fresh salmon… except that I do get pretty nervous about preparing raw salmon at home. But here is an easy recipe for cooked salmon that will certainly make for an awesome mid-day snack.
Best served warm, these little babies disappear fast! I set aside a couple of them first wanting to snap up a photo for this blog when I turned around and realized that my boyfriend had started devouring them.
“Babe, where are my salmon patties?”
“I don’t know. They fell into my mouth. It wasn’t me”
Well, I guess it’s a good thing this recipe makes about 15 patties! Enough to satisfy the boyfriend’s initial cravings and also pick out the prettier ones to take pictures of!
Spicy Salmon Patties
makes 15 small patties
- 300g King Salmon Filet , (2 packets from The Meat Club)
- Black pepper
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 4-5 shallots
- 2/3 cup bread crumbs
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 tbsp your favourite chilli sauce (Sriracha is excellent!)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Line with a sheet of aluminium foil or baking paper. Lay the salmon on top and sprinkle black pepper and salt on both sides. Bake for 10 min. Do not overcook as we will be frying these up again later!
- After removing from oven, flake the salmon with 2 forks into small pieces
- With minimal oil, saute the red bell pepper and shallots until softened for about 5 min on low heat.
- Beat the eggs and add in flaked salmon, bell pepper, shallots, bread crumbs and chilli sauce until combined. Form about 15 small patties.
- In medium heat, add oil in the pan and saute the patties until cooked. Cook for 4 min before flipping to the other side. To save time, you can cook 3 patties at once, depending on how big your frying pan is!
- Garnish with freshly chopped parsley and serve warm.
- Try to hide from boyfriend to take pictures first before he devours everything
These babies are also great served with risotto!
3 Comments Add yours
Yum! That risotto looks lovely also, do you have a recipe up for that? 🙂
Thanks! Yes I do in fact! See https://sweetsamsations.com/2014/05/12/mushroom-chicken-risotto/ 🙂
This looks like the perfect appetizer!! Great photos btw!!