makes 4 beef cheeseburgers
makes 4 buns. Feel free to double
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 tsp instant yeast
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 yolk
- 1 1/2 tbsp oil
- 1 1/2 cups bread flour (using Blue Jacket Bread Flour)
- 3 tbsp whole wheat flour (using Blue Jacket Wholewheat Flour)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- sesame seeds to top
- 1 yolk with 1tsp milk for egg wash
- In a large mixing bowl, dissolve the yeast and sugar in warm water. Let stand for 5 minutes until frothy.
- Add the yolk, oil, bread flour, whole wheat flour and salt to form a dough.
- Knead the dough by hand for 5-8 minutes until smooth. It should stretch and not tear too easily.
- Divide into 4 pieces by weight and shape each into a ball. Place them on a baking tray and cover with a damp cloth. Let them rise for 1 hour in a warm place
- Once it doubles in size, pre-heat your oven at 180°C.
- Brush with the egg wash, and sprinkle sesame seeds. Bake until golden brown for 12-15 minutes.
- half an onion
- 1 tbsp butter
Cut in thin slices and cook with butter until caramelized. Set aside
- 2 avocado (smashed)
Spread half an avocado on the bottom half of each bun
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 2 tbsp chili sauce
Stir in a small bowl and spread on the top half of your bun
makes 4 patties
- 500g minced beef
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 slices of sharp cheddar cheese
- Divide the beef into 4 equal portions of 125g each. Shape into patties.
- Pan-fry the patties on one side for 3 minutes on medium heat, while also sprinkling salt and pepper on the raw side of the patty.
- Flip the patties. Sprinkle the cooked side now with salt and pepper, and place a slice of cheddar cheese on top of each patty. Cook for 3 minutes
- Remove from pan, and let it cool on the grill for about 2 minutes before serving.
- To assemble, place beef patty on top of the bottom half of your bun, and the avocado spread. Place the caramelized onions on top of your patties, and top with the other half of the bun.
And there you have it! The list of ingredients and things to do may seem a little daunting here, but with a little bit of experience of multi-tasking, you’ll get it all done in no time! Yes, all aside from the bun, all the other components can be easily done at the same time.
I hope you’ll enjoy my easy go-to burger that I now make on a weekly basis!