When we think peanut butter, we usually think desserts, but there’s a whole lot of savoury food you can make with peanut butter too! Satay, for example, is one of them. So what about peanut butter ramen? The combination may sound strange at first, but it’s actually pretty much like satay!
Peanut Butter Ramen
- 1/4 cup Skippy Peanut Butter
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp chili paste
- 2 pieces of salmon (250g)
- 4 button mushrooms (sliced)
- 1/2 a head of broccoli (chopped)
- 2 packets of instant noodles (without seasoning)
- 1 avocado
- sesame seeds
- Mix the Skippy peanut butter, light soy sauce, dark soy sauce and sesame in a bowl
- In a non-stick pan, add the mixed sauce and salmon and cook on medium heat until the salmon is about half cooked
- Add the mushrooms and chopped broccoli to the pan and continue to cook. Turning off the heat once done
- Meanwhile, cook the instant noodles according to the package. Drain the water, and add this to the non-stick pan to coat with sauce.
- Serve with sliced avocado and sprinkle with sesame seeds
And done! It’s simple, quick and also pretty tasty if I may say so myself! With all that salmon and vegetables, this may turn out to be the healthiest instant noodles you’ll ever have!