Happy Cinco De Mayo everyone! To be honest, I’ve never celebrated this Holiday as we don’t have it in either Singapore or Canada. I’m simply hopping on the bandwagon to post a popular dessert in Mexico!
When I think about churros, I’m reminded of theme parks and street fairs. Your rides would not be complete without them. I’ve always thought that we required special machines to make these babies, but I was wrong! In fact, they’re so easy to make and require very basic ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen.
Makes 15 - 20 pieces of churros
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Oil for deep-frying
- Bring the water to a boil. Add the milk, butter and brown sugar and stir until butter is completely melted.
- Sift in all the flour and stir until mixture forms a dough. Remove from heat and let cool
- After the mixture has cooled for about 10 minutes, add in one egg. Stir until mixture comes together. Add the other egg.
- Turn on your deep fryer to 170 degrees Celsius.
- Meanwhile, insert your dough into a piping bag with the biggest star tip you have.
- Combine the sugar and cinnamon on a separate plate.
- Pipe your dough into the deep fryer and cook until it turns golden brown.
- Dry your cooked churros on a paper towel then roll them in cinnamon-sugar.
Easy right? This is pretty much a fail-proof recipe as long as you follow all the steps above!
Oh and did I mention chocolate? I love dipping my churros into chocolate.
12 Comments Add yours
Your churros are gorgeous and thinking about dipping them in chocolate makes my mouth water!
Wow these look amazing!! I need to try these 😍😍
Yum! Love churros 🙂
I love dipping churros in chocolate too! your churros look absolutely delicious!
I love churros and I can have it everyday for breakfast
Yumm!! By the way, nice photos! 😍
yumm!! love all your recipe so much <3<3
Oh, your churros look perfect! I’ve never made them at home, but you’re making me want to try them. YUM!
Sammie, your churros look so good…I yet have to make this…
Have a great week 🙂
hmm, simply dman delicious comforting finger snacks!!!
Who doesn’t love churros? Yours look terrific! Thanks for this.
I love churros but never prepared them myself. Now, thanks to your recipe, I will. They look simply delicious.