As you can imagine, while I’m still on my first month of caring for my newborn, I’m binging on a fair share of Netflix, and was thoroughly inspired by Nadiya’s croissant pudding while watching Nadiya Bakes! This recipe from Episode 5 “Bakes to Share” required very minimal ingredients and was done in almost no time at all! In fact, I managed to prepare, bake and photograph the entire recipe during one of Callum’s naps in the morning.
I was delighted with how easy this hack was, and I knew I was going to save it into my culinary repertoire! I’ve made a few changes on the flavours as you could too and it turned out wonderfully. For the ice cream, I used FroPro salted caramel ice cream which is low sugar and high in protein! That’s what I call a balanced diet! 😉
recipe from Nadiya Bakes on Netflix. serves 4
- 5 medium croissants
- 170g kaya jam (or any other jam you prefer)
- 350g FroPro salted caramel ice cream, softened. More to serve
- 60g dark chocolate, chopped
- icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Slice the croissants lengthways, and spread a layer of kaya jam on each side.
- Place the croissants into the dish, laying them out with the jam side facing outwards. Add the softened ice cream on top of the croissants and in a sporadic fashion all around
- Sprinkle the chocolate over.
- Bake for 12 minutes in the oven. Finally, dust with some icing sugar, and add more ice cream to serve.
And just like that an impressive breakfast pudding is made and served in no time at all! As Nadiya says, the ingredients of making a custard pudding is basically the same as ice-cream, just not frozen! Nothing wrong with a time-saving hack indeed, especially when you’ve got a newborn on your hands that can wake up and cry at any time!