Sometimes the pain in making your own food is deciding on what to eat. So like many others, I looked through my kitchen pantry. Lo and behold, there was an unopened packet of marshmallow. S’mores it was! Making waffles after all, is plain amazing. You already have most of the items you need at home anyway!
Enter the wonderful world of S’mores, where melted marshmallow and chocolate come together. So good that it can perk you up instantly when you’re having a bad day.
Failed an exam?
Just had a breakup?
Had an argument with your family?
Missed your early yoga class on the weekend?
And this my friends, is what I made over the weekend. Happiness can’t be bought. It has to be made… in the kitchen.
S’mores Waffles with Chocolate Drizzle
Recipe by Sam. Makes 4-5 Waffles
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Chocolate Chips
- Chocolate bars
- Beat the sugar and eggs together until fluffy.
- Add in buttermilk and butter, and mix well with a spatula.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder and salt into the mixture and fold in about 1/4 cup at a time. I try not to pour my flour and baking powder in all at once as I feel that I tend to get more lumps in my batter from doing so.
- Let your batter sit for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat your waffle iron. Spray with non-stick cooking spray, or brush with oil.
- Pour a little less than 1/2 cup of batter to the waffle iron and cook until crisp golden.
- Place chocolate chips and small pieces of marshmallow on the waffles.
- Toast for about 1 minute or until marshmallow / chocolate chips are melted. Alternatively if you don’t have a toaster / oven, you could put it in the microwave, although I wouldn’t recommend that because your waffles would turn out hard when cooled down later.
- Melt a small chocolate bar and pipe over.
That’s it! Easy peasy, you can probably make all this in under an hour. 🙂